031: Cracking the SEO Code
Brian Dean is the founder of Backlinko.com, one of the web’s premier resources for understanding SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – the art and science of getting your website to show up on google when people search for what you are selling.
SEO is cool. If you master the art of getting FREE organic traffic funneling into your website, you have the foundations of a real business. And backlinko has definitely mastered this science, with a Domain Authority of 77 at the time of this writing. That’s higher than Tinder’s landing page (75) or Angel.co (76).
But the business that Brian has built around his expertise is just as cool, if not downright beautiful in its simplicity.
- Share awesome content for free – SEO tips and strategies previously only available to industry insiders.
- Sell an online course (at the not-too-shabby price-tag of $2900) that repackages that knowledge into an easily digestible and implementable format.
Listen to hear how Brian built this business.
Listen to Learn:
- How Brian went from creating ebooks in his parents basement to running the top SEO blog on the web
- How he became Odesks #7 top copywriter for nutrition
- How he got started with “Grey-Hat” SEO
- How his business crumbled under the weight of Google Penguin in 2012
- How he rebuilt his business around White Hat SEO tactics
- About the early days of building Backlinko.com – a site which is now only 3 years old
- Advantages of using your personality in the marketing space
- Why Backlinko never takes guest posts